At its annual board meeting on June 19, the Tennessee chapter of HIMSS, welcomed its president-elect, Brad Morrow, Senior Vice President of 3D Technology Group. Chapter officers and its Board of Directors also appointed seven new members to the Board. Morrow and the new Board of Directors officially take office on July 1, 2021.
“Over the past two years, TN HIMSS has made great progress being true to our mission – ‘better health through information and technology’. Our Chapter continues to lead through our thought leadership, programs and our award-winning HIT Accelerator program. I am extremely proud of how resilient our Leadership Team, Board Members, Ambassadors, Volunteers and Members have been over the past year.” said J. Tod Fetherling, Founder/Chief Data Scientist, and current President of TN HIMSS.
“I’m excited to welcome Brad Morrow as Chapter President Elect and a new slate of Board members,” Fetherling continued. “We face significant challenges restarting healthcare as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Technology driven patient engagement emerged from the pandemic as key tools for hospitals, health systems, payers, providers, and public health.”
New Board members joining the TN HIMSS chapter:
- Board Member at Large, VP of Membership, Merrill Bohren, Senior Managing Director at Ankura
- Board Member at Large, Barbara Casey, CEO at Nectar
- Board Member at Large, VP of Diversity and Inclusion, Josh Scales, CEO at Uniti Health
- Board Member at Large, Brian Shake, Enterprise Account Executive at Anaplan
- Board Member at Large, Shelley Thomas J.D., Partner at Bass, Berry and Sims
- Board Member at Large, Dave Vulcano, VP of Research Compliance and Integrity at HCA
- Board Member at Large, Rob Whitley, Senior Director, Pivot Point Consulting
“Our Board of Directors and Membership continue to evolve to meet the ever-changing technology needs of the healthcare industry,” said Morrow. “We need to engage with all persons across the Great State of Tennessee to work towards integrated and interoperable technology solutions to improve the health status of our citizens.”