Congratulations to the recent graduates of the ninth cohort of the TN HIMSS and Belmont University Health IT Workforce Accelerator Spring 2019 class.
The graduating students and their companies are:
- Holly Anderson-BCBS TN
- Regina Dozier-BCBS TN
- Josh Drummond-Bedroc
- Yolanda Grandison-J&B Medial Supply
- Jasper Jackson-Vanderbilt Medical Center
- Ben Kane-Amsurg
- Jake Liles-Perception Health
- Sherri Mason-Lincoln Memorial University
- Blake McClard-HCA Healthcare
- Ambria Moore-BCBS TN
- Jackson Moser-Amsurg
- Kori Owens-CHI Memorial Hospital
- Jill Parks-Lincoln Memorial University Medical Clinic
- Phil Patton-Perception Health
- Kevin Price-Appriss Health
- David Shearer-Cigna
- Lauren Whitsell-Appriss Health
This class featured a mix of in-person and remote, online students from states other than TN.
Designed for healthcare professionals of all levels, backgrounds and career paths, the program teaches students how the blending of healthcare and IT can affect care outcomes. The curriculum also covers the future of healthcare and business processes in healthcare. Throughout the course, students gain exposure to the healthcare provider, payer and vendor settings. Led by HIT professionals, the program’s students experience real-life challenges and determine best practices to bring into their careers.
The training offers a detailed view of the U.S. healthcare system and policies, along with specialized knowledge about HIT systems and processes. Participants gain an understanding of vendor solutions and options using team-based skills.
For more information and to register for future classes, please visit the Website.